Monday, February 27, 2006

Why Education is Important

OK, I KNOW you've probably gotten this in your email. It's making the rounds right now. However, I liked it enough to copy it to THE MEDIAN SIB. If you haven't seen it yet, enjoy. . .

Why education is important...

Random 2005 journal entries from a "less-than-slightly educated":

January: "Took new scarf back to store. Too tight."

February: "Got fired from pharmacy job. Couldn't get labels to print correctly. Duh... bottles won't fit in typewriter!!!"

March: "Got excited...finished jigsaw puzzle in just six months. The box said 2-4 years!"

April: "Trapped on escalator for hours. Power went out!!!"

May: "Tried to make Kool-Aid. Disaster. Eight cups of water WILL NOT fit into those tiny little packets!!!"

June: "Tried to go water skiing. Never could find a lake with a slope."

July: "Lost breast stroke swimming competition. Learned, later, the other swimmers cheated--they used their arms!!!"

August: "Got locked out of my car in rain storm. Car got swamped, because the top was down."

September: "The capital of California is 'C'! Isn't it???"

October: "Learned that I hate M & M's. They are so hard to peel."

November: "Baked turkey for 4 1/2 days. Didn't turn out well. The instructions said one hour per pound, and I weigh 108!!!"

December: "Couldn't call 911. 'Duh'...there's no '11' button on the phone!!!"

"What a year!!"

1 comment:

aziza said...

I read over your blog, and i found it great informative and grasp points we have issue likewise within Qatar as we are reforming education systems, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about education reform in Qatar and Challenges they face. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://www.english.education.gov.qa/content/blog/