Monday, February 13, 2006

Hunting with Dick Cheney & the Funniest Line of the Day

One of Michelle Malkin's readers, C.T., had this to say about the Cheney hunting accident:

I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy.
Well, isn't that the truth? And it begs other "I'd rathers". Here are several that immediately come to mind:

I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than have my daughter intern for Bill Clinton.
I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than have Jimmy Carter speak at my funeral.
I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than have Ray Nagin as my mayor.
I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than have Al Gore represent my country abroad.


Any others?

Update: Seems the press is in an uproar because when the accident happened, the folks involved were more intent on taking care of the injured man than on notifying the press. I'm certain there will be accusations of cover-ups now - despite the fact that nothing was covered up. As though anyone in the Cheney organization would think something like that COULD be covered up - even if they wanted to. Oh well - that's the MSM for you. Boots & Sabers has a great take on the situation.

Note: For the record, what Cheney did was unbelievably careless and stupid. However, there is no cover-up, and I still would rather hunt with him than have Gore represent me.

Others weighing in on the topic - some serious, but most hilarious: Dr. Sanity, A Certain Slant of Light, Captain's Quarters, Wonkette, Outside the Beltway, Point Five, One Hand Clapping.

No comments: