Sunday, February 19, 2006

Grossest Thing You've Ever Seen

I apologize beforehand if this post bothers anyone. It's a true story, but it is also extremely gross. Also kinda funny... maybe a sick kind of funny, but still funny.

I was reading a series of blogs about the grossest thing you've ever seen. They reminded me of a meeting I attended last year. After an afternoon break, I came back into the room where the meeting was being held and sat down. Off and on over the next little while I kept smelling something absolutely disgusting. So bad that I kept glancing around, trying to figure out where the smell was coming from. Then the leader of the session had us stand up to move our chairs into small groups. That's when I saw it. There was an enormously overweight lady who had been sitting near me. When she stood up and turned around to move her chair, I saw toilet paper sticking out of the top of her slacks ... obviously and disgustingly USED toilet paper. Apparently when she wiped she neglected to make sure the toilet paper went into the toilet.
I still cringe when I think about it. Absolutely the grossest thing I've ever seen.

Did I tell her about it? No, I didn't. I turned away from her quickly and joined a small group across the room. I don't know what happened. I don't know her, but I know she'll most likely be in other meetings with me in the future - and I KNOW what I'll think of everytime I see her.

No comments: