Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bad Hair Days - It's All in the Life of a Teacher!

This morning when I got dressed for work, I thought my hair looked especially nice. I honestly did! Sometimes no matter what I do, it just doesn't look right. I was pleased that today wasn't one of those days.

Later at school, my third grade reading group walked into my classroom - five bright-eyed children who were unusually quiet (probably on a low after yesterday's valentine sugar high). As Nicki sat down, she looked at me and said (and I quote verbatim):
"It looks like you are having a bad hair day!"
"Oh," I replied. "My hair looks bad?"
"No, it just looks like you're having a bad hair day."

She contradicted herself. Right? I felt my hair to make sure there were no wayward strands sticking out, and then grabbed pencil and paper to write down Nicki's exact words. As they say, "Pride goeth before the fall."

No comments: