Saturday, October 01, 2005

Sewing With Nancy

I was eating my cereal with milk awhile ago and clicking through TV channels, and I saw a few minutes of "Sewing With Nancy." The show was about making mosaic quilts based on a photograph. I wish I could find a photograph online to illustrate what the quilts on the show looked like. There was a close-up of a baby's face -- quilted out of calico. Nothing in particular to write about it. I just thought it was amazing. I didn't see the whole show, but I'm guessing that one would enlarge the photograph on the computer until you would see the individual pixel sections. Then you get 24 progressive shades of fabric, cut the squares, and sew them together based on the pixel shades. I didn't see the part that explained how to do it, but I believe I could figure it out. It makes me want to try it - but I have no idea where I'd find the time to do that! I still have a blue and green quilt I started for Mother back in the '80's that isn't finished yet. And I never crocheted an afgan for Sophie like I did for Lily. So I have a couple projects to finish before starting a new one.

No comments: