Friday, October 07, 2005

FREAKONOMICS

I've heard a lot about FREAKONOMICS in the past week or so, and I want to read the book.
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

Here's the publisher's description of the book: Steven D. Levitt and co-author Stephen J. Dubner show that economics is, at root, the study of incentives - how people get what they want, or need, especially when other people want or need the same thing. In Freakonomics, they set out to explore the hidden side of...well, everything. The inner workings of a crack gang. The truth about real-estate agents. The myths of campaign finance. The telltale marks of a cheating schoolteacher. The secrets of the Ku Klux Klan.

It sounds fascinating to me -- and with all the press it has gotten, apparently it is fascinating to others as well. I'll report back here after I read it.

No comments: