Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Sweet Baby Boy


Photos:
1981-3 years old
1985 - 7 years old
2004 - 26 years old

My sweet baby boy will be 27 years old tomorrow. How is that possible? It seems like just yesterday that he was born. I remember the first Mother's Day after his birth when he said "ma-ma" for the first time, and then kept saying it over and over... All the fistfuls of flowers he has presented to me over the years...The cowboy boots he wore when he was a toddler -- even to bed...His determination...His kindness...His resourcefulness and ambition as he created his own lawn-mowing business in high school. He was, and still is, sweetness, ambition, toughness, mischief, strength and kindness mixed together in one multi-faceted and wonderful person.

I think most parents would agree that the driving hope of parents is to see their children grow up to be kind, responsible and happy adults. I have made mistakes in many areas of my life, but my two children are wonderful examples of where I succeeded. Scalawag has his own company that he started less than two years ago that is thriving and keeping him busy. He married Meah on a sunlit beach in Maui three years ago. They've created a beautiful home where they live with their two dogs, Hank and Mickey, and where they entertain friends often. Most of all, though, he is a good person. When I asked him to meet with me yesterday to look at that land, he was there. When I needed help with a project a few weeks ago, he stopped what he was doing, and he helped me with it.

We'll celebrate his birthday on Sunday with a family dinner. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet baby boy!

5 comments:

Susanne said...

What a cutie :)

Carol said...

Thank you, Susanne. I'm kinda partial to him myself!

Anonymous said...

Carol, you have every reason to be proud of your two children. Both Joey and Larisa are remarkable people, who brighten the world with their presence. The three pics of Joey are SO cute! Love you, Debi

Joan said...

And your "sweet baby boy" is that "sweet little nephew" of mine. He IS just as precious today as he was almost 27 years ago as a newborn! Happy Birthday, Joey!!!!! And Carol, you done good!

Anonymous said...

Joey's pictures are so cute. I understand what you mean....the time goes by much too quickly. My baby is 28 and I still have a hard time believing it. I don't really know Joey, but I know his mama and if he is anything like her, I know he is a wonderful young man.
I hope he has a wonderful "Power Ranger" birthday!!!