Thursday, November 24, 2005

Joanie, My Big Sister


Today is the birthday of my sister, Joan. Every few years, her birthday falls on Thanksgiving, and this was one of those years. I was lucky because I got to visit with Joan and her birthday buddy, my niece Amanda, today. They were all here at my mother's for Thanksgving dinner. Joan has the blog, Daddy's Roses, which I read every single day. She had a great post this morning about her birthday. If you haven't read it, you should.
Joan's a wonderful big sister, and I hope she had a wonderful birthday. In the pics above, there's two of Joan as a child, and the middle photo is of Joan with her husband, Jim (who is like a brother to me because he and Joan have been together for over 42 years). Happy Birthday, Joanie!
This is my niece, Amanda, who also had a birthday today. She's gorgeous, isn't she? Happy birthday, Amanda. I enjoyed visiting with you yesterday and today. You're beautiful inside and out!

No comments: