Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Countdown - reciprocity in Christmas cards

Despite my declaration on Saturday that I WOULD finish my Christmas shopping that morning, I didn't. During one of my breaks at school yesterday, I logged onto Amazon.Com and took care of a couple of items. They were gifts for children, though - the easy gifts. I still have two other gifts to buy. I'm wimping out on my own children's gifts. They're both getting checks - and not very big ones at that. They're both adults - money is what they need most.

I had high hopes of sending Christmas cards this year. I decided last night to just scrap the idea. It was too late, and I was too tired to spend several hours on it. It is interesting. I've received TWO Christmas cards this year. Usually by this time I have received lots of cards. However, usually by this time, I've already sent out my own. My conclusion is that MOST of the people on my Christmas list, then, only send Christmas cards to people who send them one. Next conclusion: Who wants a Christmas card from someone who sends them only as a reciprocal action. Nahhhh - not me.

I'm still in a bad mood because my school doesn't get out until Thursday! I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas, and there will be no time to do it. So Bah Humbug! on my school system! My solution to not having enough time to do what I need to do? I just won't do everything. Christmas cards? nix them. Decorating the house? Nope. Christmas tree? Well, I put it up, and last night the granddaughters put a few ornaments along the bottom - it looks perfect to me. I won't decorate it further.

So...deep breath! Everything is fine. What isn't done doesn't have to be done. I will enjoy the season and stop obsessing over what I don't have time to do. I feel better already.

No comments: