Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Catholic Funeral

Just got back from a funeral. It was the first Catholic funeral I've ever attended. It was also the longest funeral I've ever attended - well over an hour. However, it was enough to make me consider converting to Catholicism - not really, but I was still impressed. The visitation service last night and the funeral today were both incredible - full of loving remembrances of a man who had touched many lives -- his wife of 55 years, nine children, numerous grandchildren, friends and business associates. As PawPaw, Stinkeroo and I left the visitation last night, we all agreed that THAT was what a memorial/funeral service should be like. I may not agree with the Catholic church on other things, but they sure have the right plan when it comes to memorial services.

No comments: