Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas Weekend Reading

I will be leaving shortly for a couple of brief holidays trips -- to my mother-in-law's and later to my mother's home for family get-togethers. Three full days away from a computer. I should be posting again on Tuesday. In the meantime, I will leave you with some good reading. Please click often on the links below and also the links on the sidebar.

Just read a post by Charmaine at Reasoned Audacity that addresses the question "What is a lady?" And it begs a further question: Do I want to be a feminist or a lady? Are the two mutually exclusive? What do you think?

Dr. Sanity has some definite ideas about The Idiot's Guide To Victimhood. Check it out. Do you think she's right?

Angie over at Ficken Chingers (sounds a little dirty, doesn't it?) asked A Question about why people think being a jerk or a bitch is cool. I've noticed this in some blogs.

And over at The Reflective Teacher, there's a wonderful post about a unique writing exercise. I've written about this post before, but I can't help it. I love it!

Utenzi discusses a Washington Post article on the first appearance of white skin. Fascinating when you think of the historical and current implications of skin color.

If you're in the mood for some light-hearted entertainment or maybe you need to have some riddles to stump your school-age children, you can visit Daddy's Roses where Joan has a post of Christmas Riddles.

Click over to Alone On a Limb and read Terry's Top Ten Christmas Memories. I loved it - probably because several of them are also my favorite Christmas memories.

Those are just a few of the posts I've enjoyed reading lately.

Hope all of you who visit THE MEDIAN SIB have a wonderful Christmas - and if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back blogging on Tuesday.

No comments: